No matter if you are upsizing, downsizing, relocating, or even sailing off into the sunset, your home has likely been one of your most valuable assets, accumulating equity over time. In order to get the most out of your investment, you need an agent with a strategic marketing plan who can get your home shown to as many potential buyers as possible. Although I will give you more information about my plan during our interview process, here is an overview of my robust marketing system:
- Preparation – I will review your home’s strengths and challenges with you and work with you to determine what can easily be done to make it shine. Some homes simply need a fresh coat of paint on the front door and removing some photos from the walls while others need a little more elbow grease. If elbow grease is in short supply in your home, I have plenty of resources and workers who are ready and willing to help.
I also help with staging and rearranging your spaces as needed to appeal to the widest pool of buyers. I want your home to present itself and show its greatest potential.
While you are working preparing your home, I will be working on the paperwork and preparing my marketing plan.
- Pricing – Making sure your home is priced at a point where many buyers are interested is important. There is a lot that goes into finding that right price range. I look at comparable properties that are currently on the market (your potential competition), what is under contract and what has sold. I will also review the tax records and the assessed values. Once I establish a market range, you will actually determine where you want to price your home in that range depending on your financial and timing goals. Overpricing is one of the most dangerous things you can do for your listing but I will make sure that we listen to the market and price your home accordingly.
- Photography – Professional photography is one of the cornerstones of my marketing plan because without great photography, buyers may not be wowed enough to come, take a look in-person, and fall in love with your home.
- Presentation – I will create a number of print marketing materials for your home including house flyers, special feature cards to highlight your home’s not-so-readily apparent features such as a built-in vacuum system or high-efficiency heater, home book with information on property taxes, schools, utilities, and the neighborhood. In addition, my office advertises in the Beacon and Best of Edmonds and my listings are regularly featured in these.In terms of online marketing, my office syndicates out your listing on the MLS to dozens of different websites where buyers are searching for homes like yours including REALTOR.com, Zillow, Redfin, and many many more. It is also shared on social media. Open Houses are also a strong part of my marketing plan for your home.
- Publicity – Marketing to potential buyers is one thing, but I also spend quite a bit of time marketing your property directly to agents who may have buyers for whom your home may be a great fit. Not only will I have a Brokers Open, inviting agents from around the area to come in for their own special open house, but I actually pick up the phone, talk to agents, and spread the word about how wonderful your home is.
Then, while your home is listed, I will communicate with you often. I will let you know about showings, coordinate open houses with you, and provide you with any feedback I get on your property. I will provide you with a weekly Marketing Activity Report summarizing where we stand and where we need to go from here. It is my goal to get your home sold and achieve your goals.